Requirements for Becoming a Scout.
1. Be a boy who is at least 11 years old, or one who has completed the 5th grade or earned the arrow of light award and is at least 10 years of age, but is not yet 18 years old.
2. Find a Scout troop near your home. If you live in Rhinbeck or its surrounding communities Troop 128 would love to have you join. Use the email menu above to contact our scoutmaster. If you do not live in Rhinebeck you can use this site to find a troop near you.
3. Complete a Boy Scout Application and a Health History Signed by your Parent.
4. Repeat the pledge of allegiance
5. Demonstrate the Scout Sign Salute and handshake.
6. Demonstrate tying the square knot.
7.Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout Motto, Scout Slogan, and Outdoor Code
8. Describe the Scout Badge
9. Complete the pamphlet in the front of the Scout handbook
10. Complete a Scoutmasters Conferance